Broadband Comms Antenna
To provide a range of broadband communication facilities for submarine platforms in a package that could be fitted without the need for additional services to be supplied and in a form that minimises above water signature aspects.
PE Composites, supported by NSSL Ltd of Redhill and QinetiQ of Farnborough designed, manufactured and qualified a range of low cost submarine Mast Top Assemblies (MTA) to support the COTS Marine INMARSAT Fleet 77, 55 and 33, Broadband 500 and 250 SATCOM systems. The Fleet 77 and 55 variant systems are already operationally proven in submarine service.
The Mast Top Assembly (MTA) provided the following:
- PE Composites advanced composite design and materials minimised the mass and dimensions of the MTA – Mass 110kgs (antenna installed) Height 830mm Diameter 585mm
- The radome element of the MTA has been designed to match the INMARSAT operating frequency, therefore ensuring the certified link budget is maintained.
- The radome is also designed to utilise QinetiQ’s advanced materials to assist in the minimisation of the visual and radar aspects of above water signature
- The composite base section provides thermal management to allow 24/7 working in an ambient temperature of 40ºC
- Can be installed on penetrating, non-hull penetrating or stub masts. If circumstances demand it, the MTA can also be hard mounted.
- Requires no additional cooling or other electrical services other than that currently provided by the INMARSAT COTS terminals
Current variations in size and frequency range incorporate other functions such as a wide band mobile comms antenna and RF system (0.7 to 6.2 GHz)
PE Composites advanced composite design and materials minimised the mass and dimensions of the MTA – Mass 110kgs (antenna installed) Height 830mm Diameter 585mm.
Contact our Specialist
MD | Defence | Antenna and Radome | General sales